Sunday, May 29, 2011

World Neighbors & Cousins

     It's amazing to watch how wide an audience a blog can reach. So far people have "visited" from (in no particular order): Malaysia, Slovenia, Canada, Germany, Brazil, China, Hungary, Netherlands, Russia, and of course home base ... USA. Thank you for your interest, neighbors; hope you'll consider being a regular follower!
     The past month my time has been occupied researching genealogy. The Family Tree has taken some unexpected twists and turns, presenting some mysteries and secrets to explore. One thought that surfaces is that as I follow the wanderings of my ancestors over land and across oceans to other countries, document marriages and births, and marvel at the variety of surnames, is that we are all eventually related. 
     All these people over the centuries followed their desire for a better life in different directions, with hopes and dreams common to each of us still today. Sad to think that this "world family" can't always get along peacefully, but that's really not so different from our immediate families and neighbors. Some of us forget what we learned as children; to share, play nice, and help others.
     Here's my hand in friendship, dear distant cousins. I may even be finding you in the wide branches of my Family Tree someday. Until then, may our borders be mere outlines on a world map, because we are all more alike, than we are different.

1 comment:

  1. Typical of what I've learned about you, my friend: the generous, empathetic comment. Amen.

    ReplyDelete